Saturday, February 7, 2009

My Country


In every time I meet now people or I go to now country, and the people know that am from Saudi Arabia, they start asking many questions. Most questions about, how rich I am? How we cannot drive cars? And how women can wear the black dress “Abaya” all the time?. So, I decide to explain some stereotypes that other people think about us. That is true my country own a lot of money because of the Oil, but that doesn’t mean all Saudis are rich. In my country we have different traditions and customs. For example, in Saudi Arabia women are not allowed to drive cars for several reasons. But in other hand, almost all the families have drivers to drive the cars for women. I think it’s much easier for me when some one else drove me. I don’t have to look for a barking or I don’t have to wait till the car gets ready. Moreover, I don’t have to take my car and go to bay some grocery. I can just send the driver over to get what I want. Besides, we just were “Abaya” when we go to any public place. And also if there a irrelative men. “Abaya” is a traditional custom in my country. Also people think that we should cover are face in the street. But that is not true; because we just have to cover our hire. Last thing that I want people know about Saudis, we are Muslims and the Islam is not like what is shown in the media. I know there are many problems happen in the world by people who said they are Muslims. But the Islam never tells the people to do bad things. Islam is means peace, who could something means peace do bad stuff like what this group of people doing.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I think that out of all of the different nations that come to the US. People from the Middle East have the hardest time. It is the media's fault.