Sunday, February 8, 2009

Misunderstanding


Misunderstanding is easy to happen every time and everywhere. People can get Easley in misunderstanding when they meet now people, visit now cities, or learn another language. I remember first time when I came to the united state, I did know some English, I was always make mistake with using “join” and “enjoy”. That really cased many misunderstanding in that time. I remember once, me and my husband, were doing barbeque and I sow are neighbor and I start asking him to enjoin us!. I can’t forget his face what it looked like. My husband tried to correct me, but I wasn’t listening. Moreover, sure learning second language makes many misunderstanding for both the speaker and the listener. That is what happened with me when I used my second language. However, misunderstanding always happen in my country with the any new house made. In Arabic the word “put” and “throw” are sounds similar. First time when are house made came from Indonesia she wasn’t speaks Arabic. My mother asked her to wash the rice and put it cookware. But our house made hared it “wash the rice and throw it”. Therefore, she washes it and throws it in the garbage. It was a funny day, we ate are lunch without rice. Sometimes it happens even if people speak the same language. Misunderstandings cause a lot of problems between people. One person may say a word and he did not meant anything bad. But maybe the listener understands it in different way. I always try to say what I want to say clearly as much as I can. Because I don’t want anybody understand me with different meaning. hopefully you understand my writing clearly :)

1 comment:

Anna said...

It's funny, the kinds of things that happen due to misunderstandings! I'm glad that most of these examples are innocent!